1.17.2011

Pizza Making, Spinach, and Post-Bathtime Silliness

I'm sitting here thinking back through the events of today, cringing at how the afternoon started, but mostly laughing at how the evening progressed. Seems like most days have a mix of both kinds of moments...those that make me want to pull my hair out or cry in a bowl of ice cream, and those that make me smile from ear to ear and thank God for my wonderful life. Actually, I'm not a very emotional person so I never pull my hair and rarely cry, but you catch my drift.

For a few different reasons, I didn't put Halle down for her nap today until 2:00 p.m. She is normally a GREAT napper; she hasn't cried for more than 30 seconds when going down for a nap in MONTHS. Today she wailed for about 30 or 40 minutes. It was terrible. I felt bad for her because I knew she was super tired (she woke up an hour earlier than usual today too)...but I knew if I went back in her room to get her she would be even less likely to nap at all and she might even decide she should try this tactic every day. So....in her best interest, I let her cry until she finally realized she might as well just lay down and sleep. And she did, for 3 hours.

Ok, so that's how the afternoon started. It gets better from here though. I got her up around 5:30 and asked if she wanted to help me make supper. She gave an enthusiastic nod "yes." I decided to make homemade pizza and thought Halle would enjoy sitting on the counting helping me knead the dough and play in the flour (I used a box mix for dough...not totally from scratch, duh). She really enjoyed that! :) It was the classic look, flour all over her hands and clothes (and the floor). She helped cook the sausage (sort of) and sprinkle cheese on the pizza. She definitely ate more cheese than she put on the pizza. haha. I can't blame her.

At supper, she ate all the toppings off her pizza and just played with the crust. She was squishing her hands into it like she did with the dough before we cooked it. Then she asked for some of my spinach (by pointing and making this high pitched noise that she does when she wants something she doesn't know the word for). She loved it! I was sure she was going to spit it out, but she kept asking for more. I hope she keeps it up!

And to cap off the evening, we had SISTERS BATH NIGHT! She loves the bath. It is about the only thing she loves more than her Praise Baby or Dora movies. After her bath, Josh brought her (still in her towel) into the playroom where I was feeding Reilly. She wriggled out of his arms and pranced around stark naked for about 10 minutes (no potty accidents thankfully). It was HILARIOUS. She was playing songs on her music table and dancing and clapping and laughing her head off. I got some good video to prove it... HA!

I just wanted to remember these simple, funny, totally HALLE moments. :) Love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment