9.09.2010

August Pics

August was, for the most part, a fun and productive month for us. We got some things done around the house that have been lingering since we moved in (kitchen cabinet hardware including hinges replaced, curtains hung, some furniture re-arranged, HUGE shrubs removed so that our backyard is now visible from our dining room, edging done almost all the way around the house, and mulch brought in).
We also hosted our first somewhat big gathering (that didn't include family). Our small group from church came for our last meeting of the year. I even made chicken tortilla soup and cornbread...quite the hostess, huh? :) ha. It is nice to be able to do this in our own home though!
I'm just posting some pictures of Halle from the month, along with a few other things we/I did.


I got to enjoy a night out at the Chris Tomlin/TobyMac concert at the State Fair (with my friend Jennifer who won the tix in a radio contest by doing the Jesus Freak rap live on radio). Can't say I would've done the same to win the tickets myself, but we had a good time so I'm glad she did! I also enjoyed some of Indiana's finest cuisine there: the Garbage Burger (pork burger topped with shredded pork bbq + I added mayo...it was delicious), fried cookie dough (also delicious), and... oh my this sounds worse than I thought at the time...an elephant ear. My disclaimer is that 1) I am pregnant and have cravings for sweet stuff all the time and 2) I shared some of my burger and cookie dough. There, does that sound better? :)


Josh and I also got to go to TWO Reds games! We first saw them play on a Sunday afternoon (pic below). It was a weekend he was supposed to have to work, but he ended up not having to go in on Sunday so we took a somewhat impromptu trip to Cincinnati, and it just so happened tickets were buy one get one half-off that day too. It was blazing hot, and I got fried...but it was so fun getting to spend a whole day together (thanks to my parents being always-willing babysitters).
We went again less than 2 weeks later because a friend of the family gave us vouchers for free tickets to a Friday night Reds vs. Cubs game. Brandon went with us this time too. Josh did have to work Saturday morning, and we didn't get home until about 12:30 a.m. (Sat. morning)...and my mom and I had a garage sale at our house that morning too! Staying out late doing something fun once in a while makes me feel like I'm not getting too old... so it's worth the loss of sleep.



Also, I met up with 4 of the girls I used to teach with at Heritage Christian (Michele, the Jills, and Vangie) one evening for dinner at Basbeaux (yummy pizza place) in Carmel. Michele and her husband Adam used to be our neighbors when we lived in Noblesville, so Josh came up too and he and Adam hung out with our girls (our Halle and their daughter Abby) while the big girls went to dinner. :) Adam and Josh hadn't hung out in over two years since we moved back to C-ville so I think they had a good time catching up and talking about how much life has changed since then...and the girls had a great time playing together too!
This pic (below) is of us singing Ring Around The Rosy when we got back from dinner. It was after 9 p.m. but the girls were still going strong. Halle cracked up while we were singing and dancing. I think she's going to have a great little friend in Abby, too!

L to R: Adam, Abby, Halle, Josh (I think Adam and Josh look like they could be brothers).

L to R: Halle, me (w/ baby in belly), Michele, Abby

Halle enjoys a dance with Daddy (and Mommy) now and then. :) Daddy loves it too...can you tell?

Pretty girl in a pretty dress.

1 comment:

  1. Aw the pictures are so cute! You are getting to be pretty good at this blogging thing!

    ReplyDelete