So our little Halle is turning two in a couple of days. In some ways it seems like it’s gone so fast – but mostly it seems like I’ve known her all my life. I can’t even remember who I was before she was here. Halle is so full of life…always looking for something fun, silly, or adventurous to do. She can be very social, saying “hi” to everyone she sees and giving cute looks to people just to see what kind of response she’ll get. But she can also be a little shy, clinging to my leg and suddenly speechless when someone tries to talk to her. Just depends on her mood and the situation.
Her communication in improving and her vocabulary is expanding every day. She will randomly say a word or phrase I didn’t know she could say just about every day now it seems like. Today it was “did it” and “anything” (from a song). She knows all her letters and can recognize them in an instant (she even spelled “cat” a few times recently). I think she might even love numbers more than letters…it’s a close call. She’s working on 11-20 now…usually she gets 11, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19. She’s been working on her colors for a while, but in the last month they’ve become really concrete in her mind. She loves to climb, jump, run (and yell “hurry! hurry!”), swing, slide, throw a ball, and lately she’s been more interested it trying to hit the ball too. We’ve been to a few baseball games lately, and I can tell she’s starting to figure things out – she’ll now ask for her bat and ball together and she wants to take them to the games with her. And I can’t forget to mention that she would probably eat ice cream, cake, cookies, etc. exclusively if she was allowed. :)
We’ve been celebrating her “birthday week” since Sunday. Sunday she got a Hello Kitty Pez dispenser which was a big hit (and she learned the word ‘candy’ very quickly after that). Monday she went w/ my mom, Reilly, and me to the Amish greenhouse to get our plants/seeds for the garden and got a Happy Meal on the way. Then she had a Tootsie Pop after supper. Today we went to Dari-Licious for lunch (she had a hot fudge sundae) and played at the park there. So she is getting majorly spoiled with sweets this week, but she only has a birthday once a year so we are going all out!
And not to neglect Reilly… she is just learning and growing by leaps and bounds these days. She is so much more aware of how things work when she plays. She is close to crawling, but so far only goes backwards! Still no teeth yet, but that isn’t keeping her appetite from growing. She’s nursing 4 times a day still and often still once at night…sigh…. hoping to eliminate that very soon. She also eats rice cereal, bananas, pears, sweet potatoes, squash, avocado, yogurt, applesauce, and probably more I can’t think of. She’s much more attached to me than Halle was at this age. Reilly gets worked up when she’s around new people or people she doesn’t know well, and even sometimes people she does know well. She isn’t always that way, but much more than Halle ever was. I don’t mind being needed though. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment