Here's a (somewhat) brief overview of June, July, and this first half of August:
June- Summer has always been my favorite time of year, and even moreso this year since Halle is old enough to enjoy playing outside. It was a really neat time for us watching her transform into a toddler. She went from virtually not moving (since she never really crawled until AFTER she walked) to venturing around discovering all sorts of new things. One of her favorite things to do outside is pick up rocks; she would rather walk in the rocks over the grass anyday. :)
Josh continued to work on the house almost every day after work and every weekend he had off. One of the major accomplishments in June was installing our bamboo floor in the kitching/dining/living rooms and hallway. A friend of the family let us borrow his nail gun and helped show Josh how to get started, but my handyman husband basically did the entire floor by himself! And to brag on him a little more, he put in the bathroom and laundry room floors, did a TON of painting (including almost every ceiling and closet w/ primer and paint), and SO many other random but very necessary repairs and improvements.
The end of June was not so fun....a 5 mm kidney stone resulted in 2 visits to the emergency room, being transferred to Community North Hospital (so I could be under the care of my OB), and a total of 6 days spent in the hospital with a morphine drip, fluid IV, and oxygen monitor to make sure I was breathing enough (especially while sleeping ....morphine really knocks you out!). The worst part was definitely the pain that sent me there (very similar to natural labor, except non-stop until the very strong meds kick in) and the nurses telling me when I first went in that I was having contractions. I really didn't think I was in labor (and I wasn't), but at 25 weeks pregnant it was still scary to hear that and think of the possible outcomes. At both hospitals, there was great suspicion that it was, in fact, a kidney stone causing the pain but since I am pregnant they couldn't do the CAT scan to find out for sure. Finally at CN, they did an IVP (injected dye into my blood) which enabled them to locate it right away. The next evening (July 2) the urologist surgically removed it, and the day after that I went home! There was some pain for the next 4-5 days, but nothing compared to what I felt before. They told me my chance of getting another stone was higher than for someone who has never had one, especially during pregnancy, but so far so good....
All in all, that was a very strange week...especially being away from Halle so much (only saw her 2-3 times) and it was actually the first time Josh and I have spent a single night apart since we've been married. :( I was hoping to keep that streak alive for many more years. He and my parents, grandparents, and his mom were a big help that week. I don't even think Halle knew Mommy wasn't there most of the time because she was having so much fun being spoiled by everyone else!
JUNE PICS-
No comments:
Post a Comment